Saturday, June 5, 2010

Breakthrough! (sortof Shrek 4)




I am happy to report that last Wednesday I bribed Orion into eating some fresh lettuce from the garden. Yes, it took a DVD purchase but I think we are headed in the right direction. I keep offering it, one of these days he will eat fresh veggies because he wants to, not because he will get Shrek 4.

In the meantime here is a pretty killer black bean salad recipe I created last week. It is full of lean protein and high in fiber. It is great on any freshly grilled fish. I used Tilapia. The cilantro used was fresh from my garden.

Black Bean Mango Salad
2 cups black beans
2 kinda ripe bananas, still a bit green, peeled and diced
1 mango, peeled and diced
1/2 small red onion finely diced
1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
juice of 1 lime
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 cup good quality olive oil
In a large bowl mix all ingredients, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

1 comment:

strengthenme said...

I clicked on the photo to enlarge it and it looks sooo delish1!! Starting to use your own "crops" must be really exciting!!
Sandi