Thursday, April 8, 2010

Beds mostly done





















The beds are done for now. I need to get some chicken wire or wire of some kind and a few posts to enclose it in. I don't want any local critters helping themselves to my garden or using it as a litter box.
I walked around the house snapping some pictures of the Spring plants and bushes. It's always incredible to see how fast they sprout leaves and then flower especially with the heat we have had lately. A surprise favorite of mine is some sweet woodruff my mom planted last year, it spread really well and provides nice looking ground cover in some shadier parts of the beds. We are also keeping an eye on a lilac bush we trimmed back last Spring in the hopes we will get more than 1 lilac bloom this year.
The weather has been unseasonably hot, yesterday was a scorching 89 degrees! Pollen is out and covering everything. Today is going to be 84 degrees and sunny. Rain ending the week and next week is back to normal temps with highs in the 50s.

3 comments:

strengthenme said...

Everything is looking really nice! I love lilacs and hope you get a bunch this year! Can't wait to see the "crops" start growing!

strengthenme said...

Everything looks great. Can't wait to see the "crops" come in!

Darcy said...

Sandi-I can't wait either. Lilac has about 4 blooms so far.