Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Not too much action outside in the beds......





















well, from what I can see. I am sure there is a lot going on under the soil at least I hope there is. It was really rainy and cold here up until today. I spoke to my brother Dave who lives in Vermont and he dryly told me it was snowing up there. Snow in April! I can believe it.
This weekend meterologist Mike Donahue is predicting highs to be in the 80's Friday and Saturday and a whopping 90 degrees on Sunday. I am hoping the high temps don't warm the soil and the seeds too much although maybe they will just push up and out faster.
I took a few more pictures around the house. I blogged a week or so ago about a plant called sweet woodruff that I had discovered was providing nice shaded ground cover around the garage. This past weekend I was even more delighted to discover the sweet woodruff also flowers these really cute tiny white flowers.
Mike made local news this week as he is part of a select group of air traffic control towers to use a new next generation GPS guided radar system. Go Mike!
and, Orion has been really into the dandelions lately. He makes sure every single one of them has properly propagated millions of seeds on our lawn. There will be billions next year he hopes.
In other news, little miss maeve is turning 1 next week. We are looking forward to seeing some family and friends this weekend and next.

No comments: